BMW and Mini Dealer level diagnostics
We are constantly updating our vehicle diagnostics so we can continue to connect into and diagnose even the newest BMW and Mini models.
A diagnostic tool is used to connect to the car and can be compared to a tablet, the tool is loaded with software enabling communication to a cars modules and on board computers. Some tools are cheaper and more generic meaning they sometimes don't detect fault codes on newer models and have limited functions. We run specific BMW / Mini diagnostics tools, which keeps us on a par with the Main dealers and ahead of other garages in our local area.
We have recently taken on the newest Autologic Assist Plus tool, which is dealer level in every aspect, we will run this along side our Autologic "blue box tool" which we are also paying to keep right up to date.
As well as Autologic we have invested in BMW pass-through, this gives us direct and instant access to the main dealer diagnostics as if we were operating from a Main dealer.
Here is a summary of what we are able to do:
- Carry out diagnostic tests on even the newest cars
- Continue to offer dealer level diagnostics on older models.
- Offer Coding and Retrofit coding conversions across all models
- Program and update modules on all models
- Carry out complete car updates
- Read out key data and update electronic service history, on both BMW and Mini models ( applicable models only )
- Have access to the latest wiring diagrams, for accurate diagnostic testing
- Have access to the latest workshop repair manual, including torque settings
- Have access to BMW technical documents
As well as the above we are able to carry out dealer specific, service functions such as:
- Coding of new injectors, for both Petrol and Diesel models
- Adjustment routines for both VANOS and Valvetronic systems
- Air Suspension ride height adjustment functions
- Electronic steering lock reset functions
- Engine and Gearbox adaptation resets ( important after repairs are carried out )
- Servotronic and Electronic steering rack resets
- Transfer box adjustment and learning
- SMG gearbox adjustment routines ( only recommended where a fault is present )
Posted on Tuesday, 13 February, 2018
by BM Automotive Solutions